Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cooking with the Kids

I have found out that kids will eat more if they take part in the preparation process. It stimulates their imagination as well as they learn practical things about nutrition, about the stuff that they eat, the names of the vegetables (yes they eat veggies!) and best of all, it's a bonding moment between moms and their babies :)

Recently, we had a 3-day weekend. We cleaned the house, the microwave, the dish drainer and Dana and I cleaned the carpet :) She had her own soap and brush and she had fun doing it :)

Patrick and I experimented with some recipes to make eating interesting. I found that I can make chicken nuggets out of the canned chicken breasts that my mom sent before. I dipped them in egg and rolled them in Italian breading (it's just bread crumbs with Italian seasoning). Dana also helped out and she loved rolling the chicken in the breading mixture :) Dylan of course was sneaking and eating some of the chicken flakes that were on the plate :)

We also made a dipping sauce out of cream, ginger, garlic, leeks which (we found out) that you can use with any type of fried food and still tastes yummy :)

We also made a simple pasta dish made with cream (yet again!), garlic, parmesan cheese and bacon bits :)

The kids loved it and so did the adults hahahah our stomachs were stuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment